So I haven't put much up on here in a while but I really dont think that's broken anyone's heart
But, in the spirit of keeping this currentish let's go over some of the more recent highlights.
1. Got a widescreen monitor finally! WOOT! 19" from hanns G, best reviewed monitor on newegg so even though its not a 20 inch, I'm not complaining. Looks awesome too
2. Because of this, I've made some widescreen fractals so anyone who needs a widescreen bg feel free - thats why I started making the things
3. Yes, these are probably fairly standard but I am not really an artist, I make these for fun not for approval, and being an electrical engineer and writer before being any sort of visual artist often relegates the expansion of my fractal creating skills to the back burner, sadly. I'm working on it though, we'll see what happens
4. Upgraded to the 2.06 release of apo, it runs WAY faster on my computer, like seriously, I'm down from hours to 15 minutes for each render, and I've been rendering them bigger and in higher quality too, I dont know what the change was but apparently the old apo couldnt take advantage of my dual core, or something, because 4 hours --> 10 minutes is one hell of a difference for the same image. Oh, and the fractals are way cooler too
5. Any engineers out there (Anyone? I worry DA is an engineering-deficient community), please, verify for me the hatred I hold for advanced numerical applications. I have a single credit course from 7:30PM to 9:30PM for which I spend more time doing homework out of class than any of my 3-4 credit classes. That's not right! Freakin Gaussian elimination - there is a reason MATLAB has a matrix inversion command, it's called '.^-1', christ...